Ok, I’m not really exhausted but my current Monday/Wednesday schedule sure does make me tired. I’m usually ready for bed at about 8pm. So I thought I’d share my insanity with you all :) (I know you really care about my daily schedule and all). So here is a step-by-step set of instructions to feel completely exhausted at the end of the day (for the moms out there – you are amazing! I’m pretty sure adding kids to this schedule would result in permanent zombie status):
- Step 1a: Wake up (but really, really want to go back to sleep)
- Step 1b: Really wake up (yep, that early morning run so did not happen)
- Step 2: Teach not-awake students about the Gilded Age
- Step 3: Grade/prep (devour Picky Bar, #teamgreen, here)
- Step 4: Teach slightly more awake but hungry students about the colonial period in America
- Step 5: Race home to eat lunch/walk the pups
- Step 5a: Convince self to take the pups on the walk after making the grave mistake of sitting on the sofa
- Step 6: Lecture at UCSC
- Step 7: Run (because oh yeah, that early morning run did not happen)
- Step 8: Starving (late day runs make me so hungry) – eat whatever I find as I make dinner, eat with hubs.
- Step 9: Finish grading whatever didn’t get finished in step 3.
- Step 10: Watch Olympics with hubs. Oh hello crazy ice skating costumes
- Step 11: Drag self up to bed to avoid falling asleep on the sofa (or wake up from falling asleep on sofa)
I like to think that surviving Mondays and Wednesdays mean I’m pretty hardcore. I’m not sure if that’s true, but I saw this BuzzFeed link on FB this morning and it was definitely inspiring/reassuring.
Thankfully this will only last until mid-March, when the UCSC quarter comes to an end. But still.